Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ketchup

No, not the condiment....I just need to catch up. We have been on, on, on the go and I am tired.

We came home from our Discovery Bay trip and had one day off before our business continued. On Monday, June 28th the kids had camp and our 13+ year old niece Jessica arrived from Atlanta for almost 2 weeks. She was really easy to have around and was generous and sweet with the kids.

The kids had Apple Tree Day Camp. It is terrific. It's a camp run by Clara and Mackenzie, two of our most favorite sitters in the world and their friend Alice. They have been doing this for about 8 years now and Sophia has been at 5 of them or so. Unfortunately she is out growing it but the boys were totally involved. It was a good week for them all and even Jessica went to camp as an assistant.

Thursday, July 1st I went north to Olympia to assist my mom in getting ready for her 70th birthday party. We had food to make and a party to get ready for. She and I spent Friday getting ready, picking up a friend at the airport and shopping. Bob and the kids arrived in the early afternoon and set up our camp...we were camping down at the water on mom and Ed's property. Bob set up camp and I helped mom.

Mom's birthday party was on Saturday. We spent the morning doing last minute things. My good friend Sarah and her kids joined us for camping...they had never been camping before. I have to say, if you are going to camp, this is the way to do it. Bob had her tent and basics all set up so all she had to do is show up and set up her bed in her tent. You want your first one to be the best....camping that is.

The party was a great success! The food was really good, the guests terrific and we got to see some family that I hadn't seen in a really long time. To top it all off, Ed and I sang a few duets. It was really fun.

Sunday the 4th we all just hung out. We spent some time at the Olympia market during the day and then had a wonderful clam bake for dinner. It doesn't get much better. We all stood around a table and ate to our hearts content. Oh, that is good stuff.

Finally Monday we came home again......to relax....for a day.

Wednesday my book club came over. We haven't read anything lately but we needed to enjoy each other's company. Thursday it was too hot (100ish) to go to a concert we had planned on so....another party at our house. Friday, Bob had a poker night, at our house. Saturday....nothing but packing for a Sunday camping trip. The kids and I went camping with some friends. Monday home and unpack.

Tuesday the kids and I stayed in our PJ's until about 1. We needed a break! We've had swimming lessons this week and that is it for plans. I was lucky enough to go to lunch and do a bit of shopping with my friend Karmen yesterday. Yes a bit of me time.

So now our big plan for the weekend. I have a friend coming into town for 4 days but she is easy and will go with the flow. Sunday night we're having our annual pool, BBQ and movie party. We're all looking forward to that. And while I know it sounds like lots of work, it is worth it. We are very much looking forward to a good time at home.

As for the kids....They've been pretty good. Spoiled for sure but they are having fun. They boys have been at each other and I am struggling with that. I guess that is what happens when you are so close in age and play together all the time. Coulter keeps saying, "Kees is antagonizing me again." And he is but I can't break up every fight. Wish me luck with this one. Sophia has been terrific. They're all helping clean and do laundry....there is a real bright spot.


There is lots more to come....stay tuned.

No comments: