Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Chat With Kees


Kees and I were snuggling in bed this morning.

I said, "Only 2 more days of having a 4 year old. I can't believe it."

Then Kees said he was going to marry his daddy when he grows up because daddy wasn't in our family.

I said, "What? He's our daddy. He's in our family."

I think since everyone came out of my belly he thinks that's the only way in to our family. I tried to explain that that's not how it works but there is only so much you can convince a 4, almost 5 year old of. He believes me but is sceptical.


I told him how his daddy and I met and decided to get married. Then we decided we should have some kids.

Kees asked, "Did you have a penny?"

I said, "Yes. Why?"

Kees, "Well because if you have a penny then you are lucky and you will get your wish."

I must have had at least 3 pennies after meeting Bob. And YES, I am lucky and I did get my wish. Actually, lots of wishes and I am still getting my wishes.

Have a great day.

1 comment:

Becky said...

So cute! Aren't you glad Bob didn't come from your "belly"? You did it 3 times... I thought 1 was enough for a lifetime!

Looking forward to seeing you Wed! Becky