Thursday, July 10, 2014

Bad Sleep in Ohio


Last night was a terrible night for sleep. I had the weirdest dreams; unsettling, confusing, nothing worked, I couldn't find anything, I didn't know where my family was, people were constantly in my way...just general chaos. 

My dream... I was at Crystal Mountain and dropped off Bob, Sophia and her friend Ella B. I drove down the mountain to our really fabulous mountain place. When I got there I couldn't find a place to park. I was driving Bob's Mercedes. 

Next thing I know I'm walking around and looking for our place.  I get there and can't remember paying for it or signing papers. I look around  and think, "We should rent this out." As I'm contemplating this Bob Calls, "Where are you?" Mind you Bob and Sophia don't ski. The next thing I know I'm driving back down with just Sophia. 

I get back and can't find the mountain house. There is also a large crowded market right outside where it should be. Bob calls and I miss the call. When I try to call him back I have a universal Comcast Remote in my hand. It does everything but only a computer scientist could understand it. I try to call him but it's too hard. Of course while I'm trying he calls again and I can't answer. 

I finally decide to just go up there. I ask Sophia where Ella is. She says, "I don't know!" Like I am some big jerk. Now I'm panicked. I go to look for the car and can't find it. I start running around the crowd looking for the car. I press the lock button and hear it. When I get to the car it's a 6 seat golf cart. I figure I've got the keys for it, I'm taking it. Sophia is with me and we are freezing. We are headed toward the mountain and I can't steer very well, we're freezing and I can't call or figure out how to answer my remote. The car starts swerving off the road. And then I woke up....

Last night Sophia lost her iPod and I am pretty sure that got me thinking about the cell phone. Then I tossed and turned and didn't sleep well. Plus, being on this road trip has us all "off" a bit. I'm staying awake now, it's more restful than that "sleep" I just got. I'm exhausted. Hopefully better tonight. 

No comments: