Saturday, February 6, 2010

Crank it UP!

I like music of all kinds. Lately I have been into Lady Gaga and Black Eyed Peas. My kids seem to like it too. I know there are some lyrics in there that are not appropriate for them but I believe, like when I was a kid, they go right over their heads. The boys certainly don't hear them and the time of two when Sophia has caught one I tell her, "That's not for you to say." She understands.

Today I decided that to turn it up. I turned on Lady Gaga's Poker Face, clicked Genious (Love that feature!!!) cranked it up and walked away. The boys went into the office, closed the door and played. Bob, Sophia and the dog went up stairs to read. I was totally happy going through the mail infront of my Happy Light listening to the tunes.

I think the reason I like it loud is that nothing else filters in there. The boys could have been fighting but I couldn't hear them. The dog could have been barking but I couldn't hear her. Sophia and Bob could have been playing a game or having a tickle fight....who knows. It's better then silence. My happy music cranking and that is all I can hear.

I think teenagers turn up their music so they can't hear anything but it's different. They don't want to be bothered by people telling them what to do or nagging (in their mind). They go into their whole own world devoid of responsibility or really anything but themselves.

I just needed a break from people yelling mom, asking for something, fighing or just the phone ringing. I couldn't have heard that either. Now I feel energized, the mail is caught up and I actually drove all the people outside to the park!!!! Remember when that is what kids actually did every day? That is a whole other blog entry.

Have a great day and spend a little time with your favorite tunes. AND CRANK IT UP!!!!!

No comments: