Friday, January 29, 2010

The Beat Goes On

Man, I have been up, I have been down and I finally feel like I am hitting the middle, which is great. This week was pretty good. Everyone was happy (for the most part) healthy and working together. Sophia's 3rd grade play was Tuesday for dress rehearsal. Wednesday was the BIG performance of "Portland-A- Musical" for all the parents and community. I can not get over how cute it was.

So life has been easier and bumping along. Last week, I suppose, was simple. Mom arrived on Wednesday to see "Portland-A Musical." Dad and Sal came on Thursday. Yes, everyone stayed with us because Rex had an open house at his office for the Oregon Human Society. The open house was good and the puppies were SOOOoooOO cute. The art was fantastic!

SO Rex has an open house and I get to be the hotel. I'm not complaining, I am just speaking the truth. We had 3 grand parents here for about 24 hours. The kids were thrilled and we really all got along well. I planned all the meals in advance so I didn't have to cook while everyone was here. It worked out well.

Then to finish off last week......I got a nasty cold just as everyone was. My sinuses were totally a mess and my thought was, "HUGH?" Why the hell do I survive all that just endure the sinus trouble? Yet....here I am

This week....all the buzz in the neighborhood is about our neighborhood high school. As everyone knows, we live across the street from one of the best high schools in Portland. Long story short, the Portland Public School Board is considering closing our school! I can't imagine what that would do to our neighborhood, our kids, our greater community or our home. It's just nuts. So many of us bought our homes with that school as a factor. There was a big meeting last night but there were very few answers to say the least. As usual, it feels like the board has made up their mind and is just going through the motions of having meetings and voting. It is scary and frustrating not to have any control or real say in what happens.

On the plus side....and there are many pluses..... Mary Ann, bless her heart, made our family dinner, including the veggie and dessert and such on Friday while I was sick. I have been so blessed with my buddies! They take care of me and I "try" to take care of them when I can. My friends have done more for me then I could possibly ask for. I love them so much and am grateful that I have their support and friendship. I want to do the same when asked.... Ladies you know who you are and I am here when you need me.

I played some tennis, have ridden my bike and ran up and down the Alameda Ridge a few times. Lunched with the ladies and done a bit of shopping. I am beginning to feel a bit down and am going to fight the SAD. I need to go to bed at a regular time, spend more time in front of my "Happy Light" and exercise on a regular basis. That's what I need to do. Let's see if I do it.....

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

You will. Cuz I am going to drag your body up those stairs again and again and again! And mine too!
We should have "Happy Light" tea times together, since I have one too.