Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Great Weekend for Me and Mine

I am loving life today. I slept in my bed with all 3 of my kids all night. Bob slept in Kees' bed. He didn't feel like moving the kids. So I had the honor. While it is frustrating to sleep with all the kids because they take up the whole bed, they sleep sideways, they take all the covers and they wake up OR occasionally pee in the bed. Yes, that is my personal favorite, pee. I try and take the attitude that this is only a short period of time and some day I will miss them peeing in my bed. Oh wait, no I won't. I will, however, miss snuggling with their little warm bodies, smelling their hair that still smells sweet, and merely the fact that they want to be with me that much. So today I took that attitude. The one that loves sleeping with the kids. When I woke up at 6:30, I went back to sleep. When I woke up at 8:30, I went back to sleep. When I woke up at 9:30 I called a friend. And then I called another friend. And then my mom. And then Bob's parents. It was great. The kids climbed all over me, the bed and each other. They built a blanket fort. They talked on the phone too. Bob brought me breakfast in bed. And at noon, I took a bath BY MY SELF. OK by my self for 5 minutes. Then Kees and Sophia hopped in. After an hour long bath I climbed out and got dressed. So finally at 1:30 I managed make it down stairs so I could blog and tell you all about my great day. I have the classical music station on the cable. The kids are playing out front. Sophia is creating a pirate treasure hunt for Coulter, Kees and Max, the kid next door. There will be no play dates today, it's a family day. And the kids don't know it yet but we're taking them to see the new Madagascar Movie at 4:30. They are going to be sooooo excited. We'll have dinner at the mall. It's a kids dream. Tomorrow, after church, we're headed to one of the indoor pools around town. It should be fun! Our summer was so packed that we never got to just hang out. I love weekends like this. So we are having a great time. Nothing too exciting but it's perfect for me and hopefully the rest of my family. I hope you are having a well deserved, relaxing weekend too.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Clara used to come upstairs and get in bed with us in the middle of the night. She was often scared of the train off in the distance. Marshall just laid in bed and hollered at us to come to him! Now the kids stay in their own beds (well Marshall is at college so I don't actually keep track of that anymore) and now the dog gets up on the bed with us!! I miss the snuggle days and nights with little bodies. You are cherishing the right stuff and basking in the joys of mothering those 3 little people. I think I am getting nostalgic and close to weepy...so better stop.
Rebecca