Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Spoiled and Certainly Comfortable


..................................I have been trying to ride my bike a lot lately. My goal is to ride more then I drive. It's tough but I think I have done pretty well. Portland is not very big and most of what I need is within 5 miles of home. One of my main rides is taking the boys to school 3 days per week. The other 2 days I drive the car pool so that would be too many kids (See my entry Oct 21 "More POOP" for a driving day story. Maybe this is why I like my bike).

This morning it was cool out and I want to make sure my boys are warm. If they are uncomfortable my trip will become the same....uncomfortable. I pulled the blanket that was in the trailer out and threw it in the dryer and then I got an old milk container and filled it with hot water. The milk container was in the bike "tent" as I call it and warmed it up. When the boys climbed in they were so happy. We covered them with the blanket and then set the milk container between them. Yep, worked, they were happy and WARM. Off we went.

I am going to try really hard to keep this up through the winter unless it's REALLY bad weather. Though I may have to go to 2 milk jugs.
Have a great day and get out there and RIDE!!!!!!

No comments: