Thursday, March 12, 2009

Igpay Atinlay

Remember when you had tiny babies and you could say anything you wanted? With babies you can say aweful things so long as you say it with a soothing tone. Not that I was saying aweful things but you could.

When the kids started to understand we took to spelling. That was a funny time. One time I said to Bob, "I think Sophia needs to take a B-A-T-H." Sophia responded with a howling, "I don't want a 6a-Y-Z." To this day a 6a-Y-Z is a bath at our house. And recently the kids were sledding. Sophia was spelling, "I am C-O-M-I-N-G." Not to be out done, Coulter said, "I am 10a-2-D-Y." There is some funny stuff when they understand spelling but can't do it.

Of course we can't spell now when it comes to Sophia. And sometimes when we spell in front of the boys Sophia will say what we spell. Ahhh, thanks Sophia. Helpful. Now we have started speaking Pig Latin. She doesn't get it....yet. Everytime we say something in Pig Latin she gets this compleatly confused look. Awesome. We are still able to stay ahead of our 8 year old. Aren't we smart? Not really. I know she will figure it out in short order but for the time being this is working.

So next I guess I will have to learn Dutch. FAT CHANCE!!!! I have tried to say a few things and I sound like a total idiot. I don't know why Dutch is so hard for me. When I was singing I sang in every language you can think of.

SO what next. Maybe braile? Sign language? Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for sign language. Go figure.

Laura Lou said...

sign language works pretty well, but pretty soon the dang kids learn it too. Ben knows pig latin now so that won't even work for us. Bill and I have had to invent our own signals and lexicon (usually derived from old episodes of Seinfeld). The little stinkers always learn it all though. There is no keeping anything from them. :-) Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Klingon?

Good to see you guys at the auction! We're lucky to have both of you as parents in our school. I liked the place very much as well as the food. Well done both of you.

Happy week! Becky