Saturday, September 5, 2009

It's Been a Busy Week

It's been a busy week here. I have been sick so that has streched out time in my mind. The kids came home on Tuesday. Of course they were immediately bored. That makes me nuts! You're kids, come on, be creative, figure it out!!! Like I haven't done enough to entertain them all summer. Get real!

On Tuesday night I called my doctor. I won't get into the details but let's just say that by my "discharge" I could tell that I had a sinus infection. They said that they no longer give out antibiotics for sinus infections because they don't want to needlessly prescribe them. They can't really tell if it's viral or bacterial so they'd rather make me suffer. Well I can tell you, I've had a few of these and I needed my meds. I called my dad and an hour later I had my fix. I started to feel better within 12 hours.

Wednesday, Sophia took her daddy to lunch. A few weeks ago she won a gift certificate to the Olive Garden and she decided that she'd like some special time with daddy. I packed the kids up and delivered her to her daddy. The boys and I went to Red Robbin. They were being total terrors! I was NOT feeling good. I don't think I ate the right thing for breakfast and it was not agreeing with my antibiotics. That and my ears were plugged so my equalibrium was off. That didn't help either. By the end of lunch I was done with the boys and I just wanted to get home so I could lay down. We got in the car and I called Bob to figure out where to get Sophia. He asked how I was and I told him I was not good, that I felt sick and nauseous. He insisted on coming home to take care of the kids and therefore me. I said, "No" but he came anyway. I am so glad he did. I laid in bed for 4 hours and by dinner I was a bit better. He's a great husband. He and Sophia had a really nice lunch by the way.

On Thursday we got up and did some cleaning. You can imagine how happy the kids were about that. I told them if they did we could go to a movie. UP was playing at the Academy Theater. There was a little more buy in then. They still were fighting but they did clean up. Up was fantastic. Honestly, probably the best kid movie I have ever seen. It was really more of an art film then anything else. We will be getting that one on DVD. Then we rushed home for Sophia's soccer practice and to prepare for the kindergarten picnic. Soccer was a big hit. Horray! I have been wanting my kids to play soccer since we moved here. The picnic was a hit too. Coulter met all kinds of kids and picked out a few favorites already. He, being the social guy he is, met LOTS of people. It was fun.

Then Friday we supposed to go to the State Fair with the Wangs but my friend Mary Ann was sick as a dog. I offered to take her 8 and 4 year old to Kids Club Fun and Fitness and she thought that she could handle going to that. So we packed up 2 vans, 2 moms and 6 kids and headed to Vancouver. This place is amazing. The play structure is 3 stories tall and about 100 x 70 feet. It's huge. It's great for wearing kids out. After that we had lunch at Burgerville. When we went home I again offered to take the 8 and 4 year old. This time she let me take them. She went home to rest with the 2 year old.

While they were all playing, Coulter pealed off on his own. At first he was "working" in the office. The next think I know he's outside yelling. As I get closer I can hear, "Rockets 25 cents." He was selling paper rockets. It was about the cutest thing I have ever seen. I ran back in and got my Flip and got some video. Check it out.... "Rocket Sales" Too cute.

Next Greta came over. So me and 6 kids. Actually, once you pass 3 kids it's all about the same until you hit about 8. I made dinner for all of them. Again, it's not much different than 3 it's just more dishes. Then, why not, I invited them all for a sleep over. Cheers all around. Even Truman who is 4 and had never had a sleep over. So they all played and then got ready for bed. Putting them down took a while but eventually they were all asleep. Bob and I watched a movie and enjoyed quiet time.

Today has been pretty free form. I slept in, all the spare kids were gone by about noon and we have been pretty much hanging out. I did do one big thing....I taught Coulter how to tie his shoes. That will come in handy. Bob did some laundry and I doinked around on my computer and made a few phone calls. Bob also took the kids swimming. It is the last day of our swim pass. Man, summer has gone by quickly. We have a babysitter coming tonight and Bob and I are going to go watch the Husky Football Game with some Alums from the UW. Hopefully they'll play better than last year. They were aweful last year. It was painful to watch.

So it's been a good week. Who knows what we'll with the rest of the weekend. More to come. Have a great Labor Day!

1 comment:

Clara said...

Hey Heather! Sounds like you all are doing well. SMALL WORLD- my good friend Martin works at Kids Club and is the manager or something of it actually. Crazy! Anyway, the video of coulter learning to tie his shoes is precious and the video of him trying to sell rockets is so sweet. I woulda bought one!
Miss ya'll and I hope the transition into the school year is smooth.