Saturday, May 1, 2010

Bahamas and Home






I was remiss in blogging over the last 5 days of my trip to the Bahamas. I was relaxed, very relaxed. Mostly I read books and dunked in the water to cool off....that was my job.

Let's see....Tuesday I got my hair cut. I love it! Deiter does it again. After my cut Sarah took me to meet Dima at the Beach Club. It's a restaurant that is right on the beach. We shared an appetizer pizza and then each got something yummy. And what a view. I then went back to the hotel packed my stuff and went to the Markantonis' for the rest of my stay.

Wednesday Sarah and I went for lunch at their neighborhood club. Again, the view...you can't beat it. After lunch I was set loose. I read on the beach and then did a bit of snorkeling. That was all great except that I saw a barracuda. I don't know much about those other then I did NOT want to get too close. The problem was that I was practically standing on it before I knew it was there. I saw lots of fish and a couple of large squid. Very cool. Later I took the golf cart for a spin around the island and did a little shopping. That evening we had dinner with a couple from Las Vegas who had just been married. They were very cute and seem so happy together. Ah, new love.... George ordered a wedding cake for 10....it was big enough for about 40. It was so beautiful and delicious. It was a fun night.

Thursday....floating, dunking and reading. That's it....just like I planned. Lots of reading, floating and dunking.

Friday, more of the same, the "float, dunk, read" routine. Then that evening we went to Mesa. It's a Bobby Flay restaurant. It was great! We met up with some friends, including my friend Ellen and had a wonderful time. The food was amazing and the evening ended with 30 year old scotch. Bob would have loved that. We finally shut the place down at midnight and went home. I still had to pack. I ended up staying up late and calling Bob to hear about home adventures. They had been having fun in the neighborhood. I had been having fun in the Bahamas. All was right in the world.

I got up on Saturday and put the final touches on the packing and getting ready. I had a chat with my friends and we all said our good byes. It was a great trip. I did exactly what I wanted, relaxed, saw my friends and read books. The beach and pools were extra. My dear friends the Markantonis' were so great. They took good care of me and made me feel so welcome. I know they do this very often so to be so gracious each time has to be exhausting yet I felt so very special and important to them. Thank you for that.

We'll see what next year holds. I enjoy my week away each year and it makes me appreciate what I have at home too. For this year, I am so very grateful for the time I had.

No comments: