Monday, April 19, 2010

Bahama Mamma

It's been a great trip so far. I arrived at the hotel at about 7:45 on Saturday. I checked into the Cove, picked up my messages and was given instructions as to where I should meed my friends. I changed clothes and left immediately to meet them at the Bahamian Club. We then went to the Kris Allen concert. He was terrific. He was funny, talented and very entertaining. It was a pleasant surprise.

After the show a few of us went to Nobu for a drink....yadda yadda yadda, it was 3 in the morning. The whole time we were our I kept asking for food. I hadn't eaten since 2 in the afternoon in Atlanta. When we got back to the room I ordered room service. It took a while and at one point I thought there was someone knocking so I peeked out the door. I didn't see anyone so I leaned out into the hall. The door is recessed about 3 1/2 feet from the hall. As I leaned out (in underwear and a T-shirt) I heard the door close behind me....Holy Crap! What an armature move. I had to go down the hall to call the front desk and then wait. The same recessed door that caused this problem came in quite handy while hiding and waiting. I felt like such a dork but even I laughed. I mean come on, that is funny. And the fact that I used to be a hotel manager makes it even funnier.

I was still tired yesterday...2 nights of not much sleep and being out till 3 does not help. I slept in. Then we went to the Fish Fry. It's an areas just west of here where you can get real Bahamian food. The Conch Salad is terrific. We also had Conch Fritters. Those are not so healthy but they are YUMMY! We all came back to the hotel and rested, napped, played on the computer and got ready for dinner at Nobu.

OMG!!!! Nobu is incredible. We were seated in the back in the Saki Room. It's a round room with a table that seats about 10 or at least last night it was 10. There are shelves that are lit up with Saki on them. Tre' cool. George ordered for us all, who knows the menu better? The food was amazing, honestly it was probably the best meal I have ever had. The sashimi, sushi, the chicken....all just amazing. The yellow fin tuna, yum, salmon terrific but the best thing of all for me was the crispy rice. It was rice formed into a cube and then fried on the outside, topped with yellow fin tuna and then the sauce....oh the sauce. I'm tellin you I am still thinking of that. I will have to have it again before I go. We wound it up fairly early and all went back to our beds / homes. I was only up until about midnight.

I slept in today, slept in until 10 or so. I hung out until about noon and then went to the pool. All I did was read and float. It was nice. Then tonight I had dinner with George, Sarah and Michael here at the Cove at Mosaic. The buffet was crazy big and good. It was low key and nice. And now here I am....blogging.

Tomorrow I get my hair cut! It's driving me crazy so I am thrilled to get it cut. Then lunch with Sarah. Later I come back to the hotel, pack my stuff and go to the Markantonis' for the remainder of my stay. I am looking forward to reading, chatting and just generally having a nice time. We will BBQ on Wednesday with friends and I am really looking forward to that.

BTW, I tried to load some pictures but they wouldn't load. They're on Facebook if you want to see 'em. I'll try to keep you all posted on my exploits. Until then....hang loose.

1 comment:

Becky said...

WOW! Sounds AMAZING! How does it feel to go from taking care of 4 or 5 people to just yourself? Bet you miss the fam a bit, too.

Thinking of you!