Tuesday, March 1, 2011

February

Well that sucked....not the month but the fact that I blogged once and that was on the first. I love writing on this blog and I am going to do my darnedest to keep up with it. A few things that happened in February.....

Of course the most important thing was MY BIRTHDAY! The day itself was fairly uneventful but Bob did make a plan. We celebrated on the following Friday. He made arrangements for the kids to spend the night at a friends house so we could go out, have fun and then come home to a quiet house. I assumed he would be home early on Friday. When he said he wouldn't be, I immediately made a massage appointment. 

My date with me started at 3:00 with said massage.  We had dinner at Toro Bravo. It was fantastic. For entertainment we went to Comedy Sportz. It was a total blast. It's an improv group that takes suggestions from the audience and then goes with it. Later we even watched a movie at home.  The next day we slept in....no one needed anything, climbed into bed with me, asked to play Wii...nothing. I love nothing...... We had a nice breakfast together and then went to the Home Depot. Romantic? I say yes.

What's even more romantic? Valentine's Day. Bob had a card and flowers for me and had all the kids give me cards too. Then he said, "You sleep in. I'll get the kids ready and get them off to school." Those are some of the most romantic words ever said to me. I love sleeping in and an unexpected sleep in? Unheard of. The last time I got to do that it was because I woke up almost dead with sickness. I was able to sleep until 9 and then hung out with Bob until 10:30 when he finally had to go to his pesky job. I suppose it was necessary.


Later that night we had a family Valentine Dinner. I set a fancy table with a box of chocolates for each of my valentines. We had a really nice steak, mushrooms, caramelized onions, sauteed green beans, scalloped potatoes and sparkling cider all around in stemware. The kids thought that was really cool. Everyone had to dress for dinner too. One needs to respect a fancy dinner. The boys originally showed up shirtless and in dirty pants. No way Jose'. It was a fine affair!
Sophia had a choir concert on the 15th and that was really fun. They did all kinds of songs from "Hello Mudda, Hello Fadda" to "Blah, blah, blah" by Gershwin. So cute. My dad made the trek down for Sophia's concert and then subsequently, my birthday. It was short but dad, Kees and I had a nice lunch together on my birthday and then dad needed to get home. Short but sweet.

Oh, another fun thing.... I pulled the kids out of school and took them up to Seattle to see the http://www.pacsci.org/harrypotter/ at the Pacific Science Center. We went with our friends the Wangs. We all left on Thursday and went to my mom's house to stay. The kids all went in the hot tub, Mary Ann brought dinner and a good time was had by all. We also watched the first Harry Potter Movie Friday morning we went up to Seattle after the traffic was over. Mom even came along.

The exhibit was fun but too hands off. As you can see below, the boys were ready with their TinkerToy Wands.  It was fun to see all the movie stuff but the kids wanted to touch everything. Sophia did get sorted and we have our selves a Gryffindor ladies and gentlemen.










After the exhibit we walked the full Pike's Place Market and then toured Seattle. We visited the troll under the bridge (As you can see, Sophia almost got sniffed up!) and drove through the University of Washington. The kids were amazed at the size of the university. Ahh, memories. 


We had a fine dinner in Chinatown and then went back to mom's. It was a really nice day.
Saturday we spent the morning chatting and then exploring the property. The kids threw rocks into the water, played in the tree house and generally had a fine time. I spent a fair amount of time carving wands out of Madrona. They came out quite nicely and were far less expensive than the $50 ones at the exhibit. 


Those were the highlights. I'll try very hard not to let a MONTH go by again. I missed not writing. More soon....very soon.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love the kid pictures: the blond Leeks and the brunette Wangs! Such lovely contrast and beautiful children.

Anonymous said...

I missed your blog! Glad you see you could squeeze it in! Becky