Sunday, February 1, 2009

Fun Stuff on Saturday


When I went to bed on Friday night I thought that Saturday would be fairly quiet. I hadn't checked my calendar or thought about the commitments that I had obligated us to .

We had a nice dinner with our friends the Stewarts on Friday. When they were leaving Julie said, "Why don't you join us for a movie in the morning." This might sound strange to some but what you may not know is the Stewarts own a movie theater. The Academy Theater to be exact. If you haven't already, you should check it out. I said we'd think about it. When I woke up it actually sounded like a better idea then the night before. "Bob, let's get the kids dressed and go to the theater!" He didn't want to go, he's been tired and is a bit under the weather. He helped me get the kids together because a few hours of quiet time sounded GREAT.

The kids and I had a great time. They all saw Bolt and the adults all watched Valkyrie. Julie was disappointed in Valkyrie. I thought is was pretty good. I don't get out much to see movies and I didn't expect much. It was an amazing story and all true! So we all had fun for sure. We'll have to do that again.

As the movies were over we had to go because they were opening the theater for paying guests and 8 kids running around isn't what most paying guests are looking for. As we were headed home my PDA went off alerting me that Coulter had a birthday party to go to. And then I got a call from my friend Rebecca that her husband Gregg was indeed going to Manselle's Music Shop and did we still want to go along. Sophia got a gift certificate for a fiddle for Christmas. AND... then my PDA went off because Sophia had basketball at 4:45. Ahhh...busyness.

As soon as I got home I filled Bob in on the plans. He was feeling better and was ready to get on with the day. Sophia and I went to get the fiddle with Gregg. Bob was tasked with getting a gift for Coulter's buddy. I was glad Gregg was with us because the shop is in some guys back yard. We picked up a violin or in Fia's case a fiddle and headed home. She's been practicing ever since we got home. Very cute. Though she is frustrated that she doesn't sound like the guys on the radio. This could be a long road with her. I am not sure how to get through to her that it's going to take a lot of practice. Not just a day...potentially years.

Between all the daily stuff Kees and Coulter collaborated on building a car structure. They worked as a team and one would call out directions and the other would build. They used the picture on the box as their directions and copied the picture EXACTLY. You should have seen their faces when they came to tell us..."Look what we did!"

I took the boys to the birthday party, Bob coached Sophia's basketball team and she played. In the evening we all convened back at the house. We watched a movie with the kids and had pizza. (I am really sick of pizza) All in all it was a great day. We were doing a lot but it all moved along at a nice pace and never felt crazy. I enjoyed my family and was glad to have a busy and productive day with them. Let's hope our week has the same calm feeling.

No comments: