Sunday, July 12, 2009

Damn it....

The kids and I are going to California today and we're pretty excited. Last night I went to Fred Meyer at about 7:30 to pick up a few things for the trip. Special snacks, a few books and sun screen. I received a call on my cell phone and then set it on the seat of the cart. I realized that I needed sun screen (I had passed it). Instead of taking my cart I left it behind while I grabbed that one thing. I was gone all of 30 seconds.

When I got back to where my cart should have been it was gone! Of course I thought, "Someone must have grabbed it by accident." So I ran around looking for my cart. At that point I only wanted all the stuff I had collected back. What a pain. After an innitial run around I went to the customer service desk and had them call out for my cart. No answers. I ran around the whole store. Nothing. I also realize during this time that my cell phone was on the cart. CRAP!!!! I am driving to California tomorrow by my self and I want my phone I go back to the cust svc desk....

I check behind the desk. There is my stuff! The guy says, "That's good news. It means that someone from the store moved it." What we came to realize is that the store person moved it second. DAMN IT!!!! My cell phone, of course, wasn't there. They let me call my phone in hopes we can hear it. It goes straight to voice mail. Weird. I know it was working a half hour ago. Now my only hope is, that perhaps, I set it down some place. I run around the WHOLE store again, no luck. It was indeed in the cart as I had thought.

A glimmer of hope. The people who work at Fred Meyer caught 3 girls who had been stealing stuff in the same section of the store where my cart went missing. Please, please, please..... I think they took it but they must have ditched it. The staff went through all their stuff but didn't find it. This phone is of no use to anyone but me. It has a pass code on it so they'll never be able to use it. They can't even sell it. So now it's probably in a trash can some place and I have to buy a new phone.

I was so mad. Mad that someone had the balls to take my phone. Mad that they would never be able to use it. Mad that I left it in the cart. Mad that I have to buy a new phone. Mad that the timeing is so bad. Mad, mad, mad.....

But I am starting to calm down. I will go get a new phone today. I'll sync it up and we'll be on our way. We will have fun in California. And we will be safe because as we all know, when you're prepared for the worst you generally don't get the worst.

Wish us luck on our way....