Saturday, July 11, 2009

Week in Review

The kids went to Apple Tree Day Camp this week. ATDC is so fab. It was $200 for all 3 of my kids to go for 4 hours a day all week. Not only is it a value it is really fun. They sing songs...all kinds of camp songs, they do crafts, learn a little of another language and this year they had a talent show. One kid got up and did jumping jacks, it was hilarious. Coulter rode his bike as his talent, Sophia played fiddle and Kees chickened out. He has terrible stage fright. Coulter, on the other hand, owns the stage. I was able to do laundry and little things around the house. It's amazing what you can do with a little uninterupted time.

Then last night Bob and I went to a going away party for a woman who is moving to Salem. It was at the home of one of Bob's coworkers. Honestly I didn't expect to have too much fun but we were sort of obligated to go. I had a blast. It started out quietly enough at 6:00. They had a beautiful back yard, a great spot to hang out. They have a 200 year old Sequoia in their back yard. It is awesome. We ended up staying until midnight. In that time the hosts sang a song which, of course, got me going. I sang a few songs. We talked and by the end of the night I was Dr. Leek as deemed by the Chief of Staff at the hospital. It was great and I was glad to meet all the people Bob works with. Bob even got a dinner invitation for Tuesday night since the kids and I are going to out of town.

Tomorrow we have a birthday party to attend and then the kids and I are driving to California to visit my friends Nancy and Dave. There should be some good blogging.

No comments: