Thursday, October 22, 2009

Happy Halloween!!!!!! BOO!!!!


This is the poem that Coulter wrote for Halloween. He has really been working hard on his writing. I am so proud of my big boy.

ONCE UPON A TIME....
THERE WERE FOUR PUMPKINS
AND THEN WE PICKED THEM


This is the picture that he made to go with his poem.


My sweet Coulter with his pumpkin.


Kees as a Halloween "Thinker"


Big girl Sophia with her pumpkin.

While I was in the mountains of California, Bob and the kids went up to my mom and Ed's house for their neighborhood Harvest Festival. Now there is a man that is brave! I love him so much. When I told my friend George what Bob was doing he thought Bob was nuts, "I would NEVER do that." Yep, Bob's a keeper.

As it turns out, they all had a very nice time. Danny (Ed's son)and his, kids Ella and Anna, came down from Seattle too. Our kids were thrilled to see them. It had been since Mexico last year since they had been together. The weather had been horrific until just before the Harvest Festival. Almost the moment the party started, the clouds parted and the sun came out. All the kids got to find their pumpkins with their names on them. There were trailer rides behind the tractor and general merriment. And the dogs....apparently there were about 7 or 8 dogs that all ran around and had a blast. Iva ran the whole time (about 3 hours) and then collapsed.

The moment the party was over, the clouds reconveniened and the rain commenced. Go figure.

While they were there they also got to see Grandpa Ed's new project THE TREE HOUSE! It's not finished yet (duh) but it's already fabulous. The kids were not only excited but thought is was really cool!


The kids in the tree house.


Here's the side view.

SO that was last weekend.

The week has gone quickly and we've all been busy with our regular stuff. Now we're preparing for a family weekend up at Mount Hood. I'll go today with my friend Becky and then the families will join us tomorrow. More good times! I'll write more later.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Great job with your writing, Coulter! Great pics as always.