Friday, January 1, 2010

Crazy Babies....

How is it that the very same things that make you crazy one day, make you smile the next? I think it's when I am busy and stressed that the noise and constant action makes me crazy. Today I am totally ZEN, in the moment and for the most part just just chillin'.

The kids all wanted a play date. We called the Strouds and Josie came to play with the boys and Carlie came to play with Sophia. Sophia and Carlie are posturing and sort of having a Mexican stand off. I don't care much. I told them to compromise and that they needed to work it out themselves. They have been out of my sight for a half hour so I guess they figured something out.

Coulter, Kees and Josie are running around the main floor making tons of noise, laughing, crashing into things and having a great time. Again, I don't care much. Usually I would be yelling, "STOP!!! Go down stairs!!!!" Today I have a big smile on my face and a knowing that this is only a short period of time. I will only have babies that yell and scream in joy while playing tag or monster or stay off the floor because it's hot lava, for a short period of time. Today I am just enjoying having babies by celebrating their sweet shouts of joy and letting that be the rain that fills my day, and for that I do NOT need an umbrella. I am going to sit here and get soaked by their joy.

No comments: