Friday, January 22, 2010

Mo' Bettah

Things are better then the other day. I can't dwell on all that anymore. This time of year if I get in a funk it could be the end of me. I get S.A.D. and it seems to get worse for me in February and March. I'm not sure why that is. I just noticed yesterday that it was light after 5 pm and that is the first time in more then a month that I recall.

The week started out sucky and improved slowly but surely.

Today we got new windows in our house. This makes me pretty happy....broke but happy. I am sick of being cold and not being able to lock some windows or open others. I shouldn't say I couldn't lock them...that's an exaggeration. I could lock them but it entailed using a screw and a screw driver and shoving the screw into the side of the window. I suppose on the upside with the leaky windows we would never die of carbon monoxide poisoning. But on the down side, if there was a reason we needed to get out and didn't have a screw driver....well...you know. These windows, open, close, tilt out, crank open and closed and all the fancy things windows can do. And they are supposed to magically save us money, keep us warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. I'll let you know.

Next we're getting the house air sealed.

I've got a few bids but again, it will cost a small fortune. I'll keep you posted on this too.

We have a lot to look forward to this weekend. Tomorrow Sophia turns 9. My beautiful girl is growing up. Yesterday she was "cleaning" her desk. She came to me whinning, "Mom, I need help. I can't do it alone. I don't know how." I informed her that she would need to do it on her own. I also told her, "Sophia, at 9 you are almost half way to college. I spent the first 9 years showing you how to clean and do things. Now you are going to have to take over some of those responsibilities." She looked stunned. And we both stared at each other knowing it was true, strange but true. It's so strange to think of what a short time we have to influence, teach, grow and help our children. Though, as I understand it, the next nine years will go much slower then the first nine. I pray we get along. I'll keep you posted on that too.

The boys have been playing so nicely together. That has been a shining ray of light in my week. I love to hear them play and make up adventures. Today the windown guys were finishing up in their room when they got home from school. Coulter immediatly started chatting them up. "Do you like Pirate music?" "Yes!" Coutler, "I have some!" So he put it on REALLY LOUD. Any time one of the window guys left the room Coulter would put the CD on pause. When they'd get back he'd say, "You almost missed a really good part but I put it on pause for you." The guys laughed and then would stay and listen to the "good part." I love this age. I am sure soon pirate music will give way to some sort of rap I can't stand. Pirate music is actually quite good.

Ohhh, Kees. He's started annuciating his L's. This is the last of the sounds that I wasn't sure if he could make. For a while I would say, "Say Leek." He would say, "LLllllll Week." While his speach was totally cute now, it wouldn't have been as cute when he was 9. I do not have that worry any longer.

Sophia's slumber party is tomorrow. Sophia and Meg have patched things up. Meg's mom and I have patched things up. Meg will attend and we will ALL have fun. Sophia is very excited. We'll have pizza, watch a movie, sleep? and then wake up to pancakes. In lieu of gifts Sophia has asked for dog and cat food for the Oregon Human Society. I am very proud of her. What she doesn't know is we got her a new bike. It is a 24" Raleigh 21 speed and it is brand new...she's never had a new bike. And grandma and grandpa are getting her a Nutcase Helmet to match. I hope she loves it. I'm hoping to gain a bike riding buddy out of the deal. So we'll give that to her during her party. So I'll let you know how all that goes too.

I have a lot of stuff to keep everyone updated on. I'll do my best to do right and keep you posted. Have a great weekend.

No comments: