Saturday, June 20, 2009

Dinner and a Girly Show



Last night was a hoot. It started out at the Ocean Club for dinner with our friends. Finally we see each other. Their lives are so busy. So it was George, Sarah, Skeedy (Sarah's mom), Anna, Ingrid, Brian, Bob and me. The food was unbelievable! I could go on and on but all I can say is yum. We all caught up and had a fine time.

After dinner George and Anna had to go back to work. The rest of us went to Nobu for drinks. After about an hour Bob, Sarah and Skeedy pealed off. Ingrid, Brian and I went up to Aura just to see what all the hype was about. It was a bunch of 20 somethings dancing and generally being loud. Not really my scene but it was worth watching.

Then I saw Anna. She saw me and said, "Follow me." So I did. The next thing I know is we're walking into what I thought was a little elevator. Then the back opened and it was the dressing room for the Girly Show. They are the British equivalent to the Pussy Cat Dolls. I was a bit taken aback but in a moment we were all pals. I got my picture taken with them and then one of them asked me to video for them. SURE! So she gives me quick instructions and off I go.

I come out and tell Ingrid and Brian what happened and we are all laughing our heads off. So I wait and wait for them to perform. I see them walk by to the front but nothing. The next thing I know there are a bunch of legs on the platform next to me. I video as much as I can but still don't see them. A couple minutes go by and I say, "When are they coming on?" Ingrid says, "That was them next to you a minute ago." I feel like a total boob but it was strange. They never introduced them or anything.

So then I say to Ingrid and Brian, "Follow me." They do. We go to the same secret door and I tell the security guy that I have their video camera and we need to get in. He quickly checks out my story and lets us in. Ingrid and Brian have the same look on their faces as I did. He he he. So they get their picture with them too. And because Brian's birthday is Monday he gets a kissy picture with them too. So so funny.

We had a blast and are still laughing about it today.

On the agenda today. The girls are Training Dolphins today, the little boys are going to make and race RC cars or monster trucks, Ingrid and I will read and play by the pool and Brian is going SCUBA diving. A great day by any one's standards. Later Ingrid and I will go and shoot pictures of the girls and dolphins. Tonight it's partying with the stars. I don't know who all yet but I know our friends the Girly Show will be there and Carmen Electra. George says we can get pictures with everyone. It will be a crazy night for sure. I'll fill you in later.

No comments: