Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tuesday Our Last Full Day






Today started out a lot like yesterday. Breakfast in the main room with everyone gathered around the big table. AND everyone is healthy for the most part. Hooray!

Next a bit 'o pool time. Being a Tuesday you'd think that it would be a bit quieter. Nope. It was packed and by listening to people you could tell this was their first day here. First dayers say, "Sorry" or "Excuse me" every time they bump into your floatie. There are lots of people on a not so lazy river. You are going to bump rafts for sure. After the first day you just know it happens. Being here for a week you hardly notice when you bump someone.

The goal today was to get pictures of everyone swimming. You know how it is. At the beginning of the trip you have a whole week to take pictures and you are sure that you will. At the end of the trip you realize that you had so much fun that you forgot to take pictures of the basic stuff. So I grabbed the camera and started getting pictures. One of everyone underwater, a few of Ingrid and I on the lazy river, the kids swimming, a few of the pools etc. I got a few good shots.

I had to be on the drive at 2 for a ride to the hair dresser. I got my hair cut by a guy here last time and LOVED it so that was a small goal for me. Yesterday I was going to cancel but after my hair cut I am glad I didn't. The car took me to the salon and waited for me....VIP you know. Dieter remembered me and was glad to see that I was back. He also said I shouldn't go so long between visits. I agree with my whole heart. I love my hair cut and hope that I can get it replicated at home.

Tonight out with friends again and tomorrow we leave...;-( This has been a great trip. The hotel staff have all been wonderful, courteous and helpful and not just because we were George's guests. All the staff who were just walking down the hall, taking payment at the little store or a person at the pool. The property is beautiful and if you are thinking of a family vacation this it a great place for the whole crew. I am not just saying that because of my buddies here I SWEAR!

Well I am sure I will have more to say later but for now I am signing off. I have to get ready for dinner with more friends!

No comments: