Friday, June 5, 2009

To The Seniors

I have so much to say. I know you know everything already but really, there is more out there. When I was 18 I knew everything too. The biggest thing that I can see going for the 18 year olds I know is that they know that they don't know everything. That is the best approach you can take. There is so much to learn and take in, don't let anything take you by surprise or shut you down. I am so proud of you all and know that you will all succeed. I feel lucky to know you and I am grateful that my kids know you too. YOu have all been such a good example for them of how to be in school, with friends and as mentors. You may not know it but that carries a lot of weight and responsibility when you are dealing with little people. YOu are their rock stars. You are what they aspire to. ANd I am glad that they have such shining examples. I am very proud of you all.

I hope you know that you have a friend here that you can call on. If you need advice you can call. If you need to vent you can call. If you just need to talk to someone that isn't a parent you can call. If your in a jam you can call. If you need tuition....call your parents. But really for most things I would be honored to help you if you needed me. It takes a village. The older I get the more my village grows and developes and you all are part of my village.

I wish you success, excitement, love, the thrill of learning, positive life lessons and all the luck in the world.

No comments: