Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Oh The Weather Outside Is Frightful.....



..................................Last evening I started making dinner at about 4:30. The kids wanted to sled. The problem is that when they sled they shoot out into the street. They swore to me that they would be careful but no, no, no..... They were not going to sled without an adult out there. It's just too dangerous and their collective 14 years of experience did not ease my mind. I know Coulter. He'd do it anyway and not look for cars. He is in it for right now, not 2 seconds from now RIGHT NOW! And sledding is fun, really fun RIGHT NOW!

So the kids were out side with a ban on sledding. I was inside making taco meat. I love tacos and all the stuff that goes with them. These were going to be good and I was hungry. Making tacos, making tacos, making tacos..... When it dawned on me that my kids can have tacos anytime. Summer, winter....who cares? They like tacos fine but they really love sledding. They aren't going to remember that we had tacos a few days before Christmas when they were little. They would remember sledding, mom laughing with them and being really happy.

So I turned off the burners, bundled up and headed out screaming, "Get your sleds! Get your sleds!" They jumped up and down and got their sleds. They went down the driveway about 100 times and I caught them every time. Sometimes with my shins but I caught them and they were safe and happy, really happy. I hope they remember sledding with joy in their hearts. I will.

And late taco dinner was pretty good too.....

No comments: