Friday, December 19, 2008

Yaaaayyyyy Another Snow Day!!!

I was so excited when I heard that school was out today. Awesome!!! A snow day.... Oh wait, no, that wasn't me, that was Sophia. And why is she excited? I have no idea. We don't have any plans to do anything exciting. And when Sohpia is excited the boys get excited. Lots of us here have lived in many other places. I lived in Denver for a few years. I'm not sure what the "cancel school" limit of snow is for Denver but I know it's more then 10 feet. And I walked to school, both ways, up hill, barefoot.... You know the drill. I also realized that Sohpia and Coulter will only have 6 days of school between November 21st and January 5th. We were out of town for 4 school days but the rest was all school district decistions.

I got a call from a neighbor who said they were going to OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry). That sounded like a great idea to me so....we're in. We started out at 12:30. First let me say that the roads were in great shape so getting there was easy. Then OMSI was a ghost town. Awesome... It's usually crazy there so I was totally jazzed. I checked the movies because we had some passes to get in free....Cool, they have Polar Express on the IMAX screen at 5. That will make for a longish day but that's alright. Maybe THAT will get me in the mood for the holiday.

We found our friends. The kids played and could take their time because, hello, no lines. It was great. We went and had some lunch, played a little more and then went to the movie. The kids loved it. I had not taken into account that this was a GIANT movie about a MOVING train. About half way through I thought I was going to throw up! Oh man, I was nausious for over an hour after the movie. On the way home (still clear streets) I had the windows open. The kids were like, "What the????" it's cold. MOMMY is not feeling well....leave the windows open.

So other then the obvious end of the day nausea it was great. The kids all had fun, didn't mess up the house (more) and now they are really tired and passed out.

All in all, it was a pretty good day, especially for a snow day.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Here's my comment: I think this whole week of school closures has been interesting and kinda goofy. I grew up in Klamath Falls, and we walked to school in many feet of snow AND when I was in High School we had a "dress code" which meant that girls could not wear pants to school! So I trudged to school through the snowdrifts with snow pants underneath my skirt or dress that was required for school! What a crazy rule.
Anyway, in spite of the ridiculous school closures this week, sounds like you had fun with the kiddos. And I stayed home and read books, and cleaned and took naps and tried to be motivated!
My dog wants to play with your dog.
A walk up stairs and snowy hills is in order.
A glass of wine at my house afterwards is always an option.

Becky Chasse said...

39th and Wisteria- a great way to spend the day! We sledded with a mere 100 more + people today but it was great... no cars! Usually we have to trek to Mt. Hood to go snow shoeing and sledding but we did it in our neighborhood. Cool!

Good to get your call, Heather. Beegu is going bonkers without seeing other dogs. Doesn't know what to do about the icy snow. Took a dump in our garage when I wasn't paying any attention. What do you expect from a dog/cat blend.

Enjoy and stay safe! Becky