Friday, April 10, 2009

Grass in my Polish



It is that time of year where I need to start painting my toes. Especially since Sunday is Easter. My Easter outfit is simple....I wear whatever I want and then go barefoot (we go to a party after church where this is totally acceptable). I paint my toes in 5 different colors, Easter type colors and then I put dots and stripes on them with white paint. It's always a big hit and it gets me in the Spring mood. Even when the weather is rainy, my toes are bright and shiny. And my kids think it's the coolest. They often get the same treatment, including the boys. Kees particularly likes pink.

I pulled out my polish today and there was a ton of grass in the bag. We also paint our toes a lot when we go up to Decatur Island in August. When we paint our toes there it is really a production. There are 8 kids and 2 babysitters and everyone is painting everyone else's toes. The babysitters and kids often set up a "spa" and soak their feet in any kind of bucket they can find. It is really cute and something I look forward to every year.

So something that would ordinarily annoy me has given me great joy. I love that there is grass in my polish bag and I won't take it out. I love that reminder of our Decatur trip and look forward to more grass this year and maybe even a little sand or shells.

Happy Easter.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I would like to come and get my nails painted at your house, grass and all! My last pedicure was August, 2008. I need some color!