Wednesday, April 29, 2009

31 Flavors


Today was $0.31 ice cream day. I have had it on my calendar for about a month now. Apparently I am not the only one.

In anticipation of ice cream with the family tonight I drove by 31 Flavors at 5:05 because the promotion started at 5:00 and I wanted to see how busy it was. There were about 15 people there. I thought to myself, "Good. Not too busy."

We had dinner and all those who ate their dinner were entitled to a scoop of ice cream. Coulter and Kees didn't eat and daddy decided they didn't need to go so he stayed home and Sophia and I went. We got there at about 6:45 and there were about 15 people in line. It was busier than earlier but not too bad. By the time we got back outside (about 10 minutes later) the line was out the door and across the whole parking lot. It's amazing what $0.31 ice cream can bring out in people. I guess we all like a deal. Man, am I glad our timing was good.

So remember in Haiku...................

Go get there early
Ice cream is thirty one cents
Yum, it tastes so good

No comments: