Monday, April 6, 2009

Horray!!!! Spring!!!!

It was such a nice weekend. The sun was out and the park sprang to life. On Saturday there was a soccer tournament across the street. Before, after and all day on Sunday there were dogs galore all over the park. Iva was all a twitter.

Bob worked in the yard all day both days. He re-did our French Drains, installed a fountain in front and fixed the ground below our barbeque and garbage cans. He was a dirt and rock hauling machine! I think he has been waiting for the sun to shine so he could just get out there and do it. It is all a great improvement and the fountain is beautiful!

The kids ran all over our yard and our neighbors yard all Saturday with our neighbors son, Max. They all had a great time. And on Saturday evening Deb, our neighbor, graciously brought over hors d'oeuvres and a bottle of wine. The kids watched a movie and we all sat out on the deck, sitting under the heater, listening to the fountain and having a fine time.

Sunday Sophia had the first lemonaid stand of the year. There are sure to be many more. The the boys went over to the Stewarts for the day and played all day. Sophia ran errands with me and I really enjoyed her company. She is getting to be such a big girl. Later we had dinner on the deck for the first time this year.

And today I went on a bike ride. It wasn't too long and I am not sure that I would have been cleared by my occupational thereapist but I couldn't stand it any longer. I have been restricted since November! Please....enough is enough. It was fabulous. I rode up and down the neighborhood and ran some of errands. I hope that it is the first of many bike rides to come this year.

I hope your weekend was as wonderful as ours was. We're looking forward to many more fab weekends to come!!!! Happy SPRING!!!!

No comments: