Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Catch Up






Last week Coulter and Kees had their family nights at school. So cute. The kids write their own plays, make their own costumes and sets and then invite their families to the show. The plays are hilarious and sometime you have to use your kid brain to understand what it's about.

Kees was not too keen on being in front of a crowd. He was excited all day. His part was the Pink Transformer Fish. Hugh? Yep that is it. He got on stage, looked into the crowd, shrunk to the floor. When he saw me he came straight over and took his costume off and sat in my lap. He's 3....I a think that is what Coulter did then too.

Coulter's was the following night. He was a Perocious Penguin (no one is sure what that is) and their play was called the Cloudalanch. The clouds (I think what most of us would call fog) came down to the jungle and could only be driven away by the sun with some assistance from a group of sled dogs....in the jungle. Hugh? Yep, that is it.

Friday Sophia and Bob went to the Father Daughter Dance at her school. She was so cute. She said, I think for the first time (and with panic in her voice), "I don't have anything to wear!" Hugh? Yep, that was it. We, of course, found her something to wear and she was fine, beautiful in fact. I even let her wear a little make up. They had a blast. Did the limbo (Bob held the stick), chicken dance, all the kid kind of dances. They even got a great picture!

Then on Saturday Sophia and I went on an epic bike ride. We went 30 miles on the bike with the tag along. I do not have any pictures of this because I was too dang tired to stand by the time we were done. It took 5 hours with a couple of stops. There were big hills and such but we had a great time but we were dog tired. I will say that I was only a bit sore so I guess there is something to that working out. OH and I got a new bike seat the next day. My BUTT HURT!!!! I think those little seats are part of an evil conspiracy! Have you seen my butt? It does not fit on that little seat. Even Sophia's butt hurt so it isn't just me. I went first thing on Monday and got a new seat. That is my old seat sitting on the new one. BIG diff. Better for my, ahh, physique.

Sunday was spent around the house and then shopping for our summer trips. It was really a nice day.

And yesterday I surprised Bob with a date night. We went to dinner and then to Star Trek. I really enjoyed it and I don't know the first thing about Star Trek. It was worth seeing.

So that is it for now. I think that gets me mostly caught up. No wait. There are a couple of penis stories but those will have to wait until tomorrow.

1 comment:

Clara said...

Oh man, that picture of fia with her hair all long and the fancy blue dress and wearing makeup she looks so gorgeous and grown up! It still amazes me that I have known her for so long! It is crazy how time passes so quickly. Not trying to make you sad or anything I have just been reminiscing so much lately because I cannot believe I am graduating!! Freaky!