Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Parkin' It

Over the past few days our evening routine for the kids has been dinner, park, bed. Usually it's been Bob taking the kids to the park so I can have a break. I've gone for a few bike rides and last night I worked in the yard. Rather then fight the trend I decided to just combine dinner and park and set up a picnic. I rode my bike this morning so that was already done today.

When we got home from school Sophia had a bunch of homework to do. She worked on that, I worked on cleaning up the kitchen and getting our picnic ready. Bob was home early so that was a nice surprise. He helped Sophia finish her homework and we were out the door before 6. We set up a base camp and the kids ran around and would occasionally stop by for a bite or two. It was exactly what a summer week night is supposed to be. There were dogs, kids, games, tennis players, bike riders, Frisbee throwers, strollers, babies and soon to be swimmers all over the place. The sun was streaming through the trees and the air was permeated with shrieks of joy and laughter. It was heaven after a really long and rainy winter.

Yep, I think I am all better. I am over my speed-bumpitis. Thank GOD!!! I am glad that another summer is just around the corner and that we're back in the park. Get out there and enjoy the weather.

No comments: