Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Good Day

I am getting back on board with getting in shape. I know what to do, now I have to do it. Basically it's move more, eat less and eat better. I can do this. I eat very conscientiously and then (as promised to Sophia) I go jogging. Not being a jogger this was a big deal. It was the first time in about 10 years or more. Then later, just to get more in I rode my bike to pick up the boys. When we got home I needed to dry off because it rained like heck on me. I had told the boys we needed to go to Fred Meyer to get a couple things. They were excited and wanted to go to Playland. Great.

We get in the car and head out to Fred Meyer. About a year ago I decided that I would get a front spot in the parking lot every time I go. We drove in and sure enough, the first spot was available. That made me happy. As most of you know I often go to Fred Meyer, put the boys in Playland and spend a little R and R in the furniture department. We went in, the boys went to Playland and I went through my routine. I got a coffee, a FM flier and went to the furniture section.

I was a bit cold. Oh good, there is an accent blanket hanging over the sofa that matches my favorite chair. I, giggling to myself, pull it off the sofa and drape it over my legs. Yes, perfect. I am warm, I have my beverage and my coupons. It was so nice. If I were any more relaxed I might have fallen asleep right there. Can't you picture it, me reclined with a blanket tossed over me in Fred Meyer? Nice.

I pulled a few coupons out, shopped and picked up the boys. They had fun and it was a painless afternoon. Again, this is not an extraordinary event to most but I really had a grand time. I loved that I got the front spot in the parking lot and then a cozy blanket when I was cold. If you put what you want out into the universe sometimes you get it. My requests are not grand but it always makes me smile when these little request come so easily.

It has been a good day.

1 comment:

Laura Lou said...

It truly is the little things in life that make it memorable! :o) I love the idea of r&r in FM. Good for you! I am giggling picturing you. GREAT JOB on the jogging front too!!! Way to go!!