Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Life is Busy






Not that my life is busier than anyone else's it's just that I am the one living this one. I know that this time will pass and I will miss my babies. You know the ones. They make you crazy one minute and give you big kisses and say cute things the next. They take a lot of my time. And the time that I had been blogging in the past I have spent riding my bike. I feel a bit sad that I have been missing out on my blog but I have to say that I think I am feeling much better now.

Lately I have been riding my bike. I am really grateful to say that my wrists that were bugging me since last summer seem to be alright. The riding hasn't made them hurt. I don't have a wrist brace any longer and I am religious about wearing my riding gloves. I don't know how much they help but I am not in pain so I am sticking with it. I think that after almost 2 weeks of sun I am mostly over the SAD of winter. I am getting one of those full spectrum lights next winter. I felt like a speed bump all winter. I could have slept the whole time. Maybe I was a bear in a former life? So between the sun and the riding I am feeling a lot better! Hallelujah!

Last week I put in about 70-80 miles. Sophia did almost 50 of that with me! She rides on the tag-a-long so I know she's as safe as possible. And if you saw my last post, yes the new bigger seat is making a difference! My butt (and the rest of me) is much happier. My rides are definitely more difficult with the tag-a-long on the bike but I try to approach it as a better work out. Sophia thinks that she is pushing me up the hills. I can guarantee you that is not the case. It only takes a short single ride to notice the difference. Anyway, she is learning good habits and we have enjoyed our time together.

Our Memorial Day weekend was a good one. We spent Saturday on a ride and moving Bob into his new office at the Sunnyside Hospital. We all had lunch together, did a couple things around the house and then had friends over for dinner. Sophia had a sleep over on her deck. Bob set up a tent out there. It's great and I can totally see this becoming her new digs. It was all really fun.

Sunday we got up, packed up and went up to mom and Ed's for a quick camping experience. They really do have the best camping spot in the world. My brother Rex and his wife Tina were there as was my Uncle Rex. That really confused the boys. Ed met us at the top of the hill with his tractor and the boys all went straight to work taking the equipment down to the water and setting up. I went to the grocery store with mom for supplies. Sunday night everyone went down to the water and 3 neighbors came down too. We had hot dogs, cabbage salad, potato salad, and some really nice hors d'oeuvres. We all had fun. It was a beautiful sun set and just a wonderful time together. And even though we all had fun I think Iva had the best time of all. She ran wild the whole time. It was like she ate a bag of sugar and then saw a bunch of squirrels. That is good doggie fun!

We came home at a reasonable hour, unpacked and the kids watched a movie while eating pizza. I went to bed early so get a good jump on the week. In all it was a great weekend. Life is good!

1 comment:

Laura Lou said...

Sounds absolutely wonderful! I LOVE long family weekends!! Way to go with the bike riding milege! That is amazing. I can't even comprehend riding 30 miles much less in one day. !! Awesome!!